Re: Toyota 4/5 speed gearboxes in MGBs??

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Toyota 4/5 speed gearboxes in MGBs??
From: jpeacock@HK.Super.NET
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 1995 20:34:13 +0800 (HKT)
<---- Begin Included Message ---->
From: jpeacock@hk.super.net
To: pauletc@ozemail.com.au (Paul Loschiavo), mgs@autox.team.net

The answer to the Toyota box conversion is YES. The conversion bellhousing's
are available from a source in New Zealand as a friend obtained one for me for
my race 'B'. Unfortunately I never got round to fitting it as the
classification rules changed and made such a conversion illegal - but I still
have the bits somewhere in my store. The intention was to mate this
bellhousing with  a Toyota Supra 5 Speed box which would cope with all the
power the B could throw at it, and provide synchro on all gears. The other mod
required is a shortened propshaft and presumably alterations to the rear
gearbox support bracket.

Iunderstand that these conversions are in use on a number of 'B ' racers in
New Zealand. Any 'Net' users down there able to fill in furter details
including the name of the supplier?

John Peacock
Hong Kong ( jpeacock@HK.Super.NET)

<---- End Included Message ---->