re: Universals

To: <dodd@el.wpafb.af.mil>
Subject: re: Universals
From: "Sean Johnson" <sean_johnson@milacron.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 95 16:04:35 -24000
Actually, the reason I was replacing the front universal on the MGB drive
shaft was because it was installed backwards.  The zerk grease fitting faces
forwards, and when the front plate of the drive shaft is secured to the
transmission, a nut obscures the zerk fitting.  Since this means the fitting
was never greased, I figured a replacement was in order.

I'd be happy to know ANY way to get the blasted bearing caps out!  I'll tell
you how the application of heat went in a day or two.

[MANDATORY DREMEL TOOL CONTENT] I nicked the outsides of the housing a little
when I got careless with the bench vise.  I'll use my die grinder (air
operated Dremel tool) to remove the nicks etc.

regards,

Sean Johnson
'79 MGB
'75 Spitfire