SU's Leading Gas Again!

To: "MG Listserver" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: SU's Leading Gas Again!
From: "Allan R. Hovis" <hovisa@nando.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 95 08:19:28 EDT
One again it is time to fix the annual leaks in my SU HS-4's jet to float
bowl tube seal. Ever since the EPA decided that alcohol should be in gas,
the little rubber gaskets that seal the jet tube last about a year and
then begin to leak. I have tried using 'O' rings that were supposed to be
resistant but don't seem to have much luck. Any suggestions as this is
usually discovered by smell and most of the gas drips quite near the
exhaust manifold. Hate to be one of those car fires you hear about on the
traffic report on the way to work!

Thanks,

Allan Hovis
72 (yes, I got rid of the HIF-4's) B