Re: Universals and Slushing Tanks

To: sean_johnson@milacron.com (Sean Johnson)
Subject: Re: Universals and Slushing Tanks
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 1995 13:10:58 -0400 (EDT)

> TANK SLUSHING:

  Observasions noted. thanks!

> Re: Stripping and repainting bodies
>
> If you have big $, strip the car down to a body, have the body dipped
> ($500+).  You can then have the car repainted any color you please.

  Hmm... this intreges me.  Where would I get such a thing done?

> Otherwise, Stripping paint is a long laborious, and messy procedure.  If you
> intent to strip the whole bottom, I'd suggest buying or borrowing a
> rotiserie.  This will allow you to rotate the whole car until the floor is
> vertical.

  Another SOLer said he built himself a rotiserie... seems like that'd be
biting off more than I can chew.  Do you have any pointers as to where I
might buy/rent one and approximate costs?

> Good luck!

  I'm going this afternoon to talk to the local paint guy. I'll get an
initial estimate about painting costs, and to get his advice on stripping
and such.  Hopefully I have enough info now to speak a little bit of his
language.

                  Much thanks for the advice,

                                        Jeremy DuBois
                                        Programmer/System Administrator