Re: stripes?

To: mgs@autox.team.net, wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu
Subject: Re: stripes?
From: Silikal@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 1995 09:17:23 -0400
Will Zehring writes:
>We are talking '63 B roadster, old english white (or is it Olde Englishe

I'm sorry, that'll be a $10 fine for the superfluous use of the letter "E".
It's a good thing you didn't start off with a "Ye", as that's a $50 fine.

>The stripes would be seven or eight inches wide, separated by maybe
>two inches, and would go right down the center of the car.

One of the standards, though a bit wide for dual stripes IMHO.  I'd go for
around 4 or 5 inches each, same seperation.  Other options are single
stripe, 6 to 8 inches wide either down the center, or (my favorite) down
the middle of the driver's side.

>My first thought would be a pair of red stripes.  Important: I'm not talking
>candy apple electric red, but deep deep rich **blood** red.

To match the upholstery?  Sounds good.  The traditional black is also
nice.  And since your car is white, you may also consider blue, giving
it the US-driven grans prix/LeMans color scheme.

>One of the things I like most about my early B is the general under-
>statedness of it and the absence of clutter and I don't want to shatter
that.

Then why consider boy-racer stripes?  Come on, Will, fess up.  You want
to cruise the drive-ins and you're worried the MG won't fit in, right?  You
think a few stripes will give it the needed camouflage to blend in with the
chopped & lowered Bel Airs and Ford Deuce Coupes?  I don't think so.

>Any advice/comments/flames welcome...

Oh, there ya go.  Flames coming out of the wheel wells. Louvers.
Roll & tuck upholstery in crushed velour. ;-) ;-) ;-)  All kidding aside,
the stripes sound very nice, given the width concerns expressed above.

Dave "flame off" Williamson (silikal@aol.com) Spits in bits