Can you help me get my '75 MGB running again?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Can you help me get my '75 MGB running again?
From: psd105@psu.edu (Skippy)
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 1995 17:17:23 -0400
Can you help me?

My 1975 MGB has not actually run in 6 months.  The truth is that I can not keep
it running, it shuts itself off after about 30 seconds to a minute.  The
Zenith-Stromberg carb was rebuilt about three months before this problem occured
About a week before this problem started the coolant regulated choke fell
off of the carb due to vibrations.  After it was placed back on and reset
it ran fine
for about a week and then it stopped running.

It will start and run for about thirty seconds, if it is held above 2000
RPMs, then it will shut off.  Also while it is running the tach needle
sweeps back and
forth across across the dial.  Many items have been replaced since this
started to occur.  I have replaced the ignition coil, distributor cap,
condenser,
points, rotor, fuel pump, and fuel filter.  I have also drained the fuel
tank and refilled it with new fuel and Drygas.  The Zenith-Stromberg carb
has been rebuilt and checked twice, but I might have missed something.  The
spark plugs and wires were fairly new when this started, but I noticed that
there was more oil on the number 3 cylinder plug than on the rest.

If anybody can help me, or if you have any questions about my problem please
e-mail me at psd105@psu.edu
                                Thanks,
                                "Skippy"
                                psd105@psu.edu