Kingpin question...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Kingpin question...
From: "Bart Schwartz" <bschwartz@dttus.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 95 16:29:20 CST
     I seem to remember a thread awhile back when someone mentioned that
     his LBC handled like a truck.  I am having a similar problem with my
     '76 Midget.  The guy at the garage said I need a new kingpin because
     mine is bent.  In light of that,  I have few questions:

     1) Is the kingpin the likely culprit of my steering problems or will
     other parts need to be replaced as well?
     2) How much should a new kingpin cost?  I think VB wanted $80.  Could I
     pick up a good used one?
     3) How difficult should it be to put a new one on?  Do I need any
     special tools?  Am I going to be half way through this and realize I
     have to have the car towed because I can't get the wheel back on?

     I am a little concerned about trying this myself because it took me
     about 4 hours just to figure out how to put a new alternator in.  I'm
     still learning where everything is.

     Any help will be greatly appreciated.

     Bart

     * Bart Schwartz                 Internet:  bschwartz@dttus.com *
     * 1976 Midget 1500              CServe:    75753,2550          *