Re: acronyms, boring

To: gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu, mroach@socketis.net
Subject: Re: acronyms, boring
From: MGBay@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 1995 20:09:10 -0400
Ray,

I asked the same question of my machine shop guy.  For what it's worth, his
response was that first they align bore removing the smallest amount of
material possible and still be concentric throughout the main bearing
journals and then compensate for that material removal when they turn the
crank for oversized bearings. There are no bearings to change just the
outside diameter of the main bearing journals.

Does that make sense?  "Somebody stop me" if I'm off base.

Regards,

Randy Balogh