Re: rebound straps

To: par.engstrom@bergslag.telia.se
Subject: Re: rebound straps
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 1995 09:57:27 -0400 (EDT)

> Hi all.
> I notised a couple a weeks ago that both my rebound
> straps (rubber rear axle) was quite bad.Yesterday after
> putting new ones in place i asked myself what are they
> really there for, except strapping rebound???!!
> I mean what do they really do??

  I saw those little beasts when I first removed the back wheel of my MGB.
I assume they're secondary dampers for the rear suspension, to keep the
springs from rebounding the whole axle down too far after a bump and putting
presure on the mountings.
  Seemed kind of a poor solution to me... hadn't they heard of torsion bars?
Or have I guessed wrong as to the rebound strap's function?

                                        Jeremy DuBois
                                        Programmer/System Administrator
                                        Thermalogic Corporation
                                        '74 MGB, '76 Spit