re: '75 B, fuel injection

To: Jeffrey Taberski <taberski@uidaho.edu>
Subject: re: '75 B, fuel injection
From: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 1995 11:51:59 -0400 (EDT)
British Car
P.O. Box 9099
Canoga park, CA 91309
(818) 710-1234

The meat of the fuel injection article is in the August 1995 issue, #56.

Feugo. Throttle body necessary because of siamesed intake ports.  15 psi
fuel pump, fuel return line, temperature sensor (cold start system).

I am a bit disappointed about some of the article...

He says:

"There's never any dieseling and meeting emissions requirements is easy".

A visual inspector would plotz seeing that system instead of a Zenith.
My 73 doesn't diesel if I have the mixture and timing anywhere near right.

"Is there increased power? I think there is some, due to two reasons, but
not a significant amount." (The two reasons seem to be more appropriate
mixture over the whole range, and a further advanced timing).

He didn't measure a power increase, so this could be psychological.  He
IS getting better throttle response than with a Zenith, I bet.

He did a whole bunch of work, spent a fair amount of money ($$ not
detailed in the article), and ended up with a car only somewhat more
civilized and not significantly more powerful than a stock rubber bumper B...

John M. Trindle | jtrindle@tsquare.com | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB DSP     | '69 Spitfire E Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock
Home Page:  http://www.widomaker.com/~trindle
"3.  The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets.  (The
know-when-to-quit law.) - Jack Neafsey"