Re: MGB Propeller Shaft Universal Question

To: Sean Johnson <sean_johnson@milacron.com>
Subject: Re: MGB Propeller Shaft Universal Question
From: "Christopher W. Reichle" <Christopher.W.Reichle@students.Miami.EDU>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 1995 16:43:03 -0400 (EDT)
I have an 80 B. The later B s had the sealed type ujoints. The
replacements are all non sealled with a long nib for greasing. The nib
that came with my ujoints were about an inch long and I soon realized
would break right off the first time the thing rotated. I installed a
short one instead that is just the nib, no stem. It doesn't get in the
way now but it is also kinda imposible to grease the joint as the nib
doesn't stick out enough. The nib is facing the drive shaft on the tranny
ujoint. Hope that helps.

You can always unbolt the flange to get the clearance to grease the u-joints

Chris