Re: Does Waxoyl really work?

To: rdonahue@holli.com (Robert J. Donahue)
Subject: Re: Does Waxoyl really work?
From: russ@scubed.com (Russ Wilson)
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 12:34:58 -0800
>Any comments on Waxoyl?

The simple spray tip to be used on the end of the long application tube
doesn't work well at all.  I made a cardboard "sill" to test the spray
uniformity and got only a blob on the bottom.  Part of the problem seemed
to be that no matter how hot I had the Waxoyl in the supply can, within
reason, it cooled sufficiently in the tube for the viscosity to increase
too much to be sprayed.  The hand-held spray gun on a short tube worked
well, but can't be used in sills.  I have been waiting over a year for a
really hot day (I am in mild San Diego) to fall on a weekend to try again!

Russ