Oil filler cap mystery -Reply

To: mgs@autox.team.net, F.vanDalen@LR.TUDelft.NL
Subject: Oil filler cap mystery -Reply
From: RLANCASTER@ntia.doc.gov
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 13:54:50 -0400
Frank, you don't say what year B, but when you consider the draw of
the intake thru the PCV or its equivalent in later year cars, from
the engine insides, I think you can see that by making the opening
into the engine very big, instead of the little hole used in the oil
filler cap, I think you can see easier breathing, even though the
engine was monentarily getting too much air from inside the engine.
The archieves have some very good reding on PCV, well worth
reviewing.
||Randy Lancaster               | Tel:202-482-4487        ||
||National Telecommunications   | Fax:202-482-4396        ||
||and Information Administration| rlancaster@ntia.doc.gov ||
||Department of Commerce, USA   | 1967 MGB # 128,471      ||
||Heaven: home brew, driving an MG, but remember...its not||
||a leak, its a British flow through lubrication system!  ||

(8.6.10/8.6.6) id EAA11609 for mgs-outgoing; Fri, 29 Sep 1995
04:45:40 -0400