72 midget: Clutch Adjustment?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 72 midget: Clutch Adjustment?
From: ciaffone@nando.net
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 95 13:30:24 +0000
Is there any way to adjust the FREE PLAY on a
hydraulic clutch on a 72 Midget?  I just bled
the slave cylinder (boy that was a difficult bleeder
to get to).  The shifing is now much improved, BUT
I still get a slight grind going into first and reverse
at a stand-still.  To get into first, I shift into
second, then it slides smoothly and quietly into first.
To shift into reverse, I put 'er there before I start
the engine.  I hate that grind!
As I said, bleeding the system has helped a little, but
there is still a slight grind.  Seems to be more free play
at the top of the pedal that I'd like, but I can't find
any adjustment.

Help??

chuck
// Chuck Ciaffone