Midget clutch

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget clutch
From: "Mr Geoffrey Parnell" <geoffrey@icr.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 95 15:56:53 +0100
I was interested in Chuck Ciaffone's comments on bleeding the
clutch slave cylinder as my 72 Midget has also had this problem
and I have yet to find the answer. One way to reduce the free
play is to use a different length rod but I have no personal
experience of this.
A previous message asked about using a different weight oil in
the gearbox. I am currently on my second rebuilt gearbox - it's
always nonsyncro 1st and reverse that get v. noisy - I tried a
PTFE solution (Slick) in the first one but it only lasted
25,000mls - I used 20/50W as per the handbook. The real problem
is the drive to work each day, 10 mls of stop start clutch
pumping traffic, it was not designed for that 23 years ago!

Best wishes

Geoff-if you like MG's then you will love Triumph motorcycles-
Parnell.