RE: MGA?

To: MGs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MGA?
From: loftesnt@knarvik.geco-prakla.slb.com (Tor Loftesnes)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 95 15:05:26 +0100
I'm sitting inside the office here in Bergen, the west coast of Norway and
looking out the rainy weather with my just restored MGA-57 i the garage.
As told, I have 2,36 year in my garage before releasing the car last week.
What about this empty feeling afterwards. Anybody out there cured, or ?
The car was stripped down, and I had two kind of "metals" left.
Rusted metal and just rust.
Still, with good help from Moss, England the car is up and running, passed
control and everything.
I have one question about the 1500 original engine and RPM.
At what RPM should this accelerate to before flatening.
The engine is not touched, except tuning the valves.
No smoke, but a few drops of oil leaking below.
I can run the car from 15mph on 4th gear, but no high RPM.
What kind of fuel is optimal for this engine.
What about ignition timing and max. RPM.

1957 MGA 1500 roadster.
Tor Loftesnes