A/C in MGBs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: A/C in MGBs
From: wise@db.erau.edu (John A. Wise)
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 95 07:58 EDT
>Can you put AC in an MGB?  I had never even considered it possible.  When
>did this become available?  Can you retrofit a '69?
>
>Andy Ramm
>'67 Midget

My 77 B came with a/c.  It was removed before I bought the car, but the PO
told me it had been there and the center vent has a B-L Air conditioning
logo on it.  The car has always been in FLA.

At a recent Daytona auto gathering I saw both a Midget & an MGB with a/c.
They both belonged to the same fellow who had retrofitted both.  The job
was very professional and he said he had no problems in FL.  Before I
bought the B, I considered a 74 TR6 which had "factory" air that worked
very well.

JAW

John A. Wise                                    Tel: (+1) (904) 226-6384
Center for Aviation/Aerospace Research          Fax: (+1) (904) 226-7050
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University            E-mail: wise@db.erau.edu
600 South Clyde Morris Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114-3900   USA