defending Miatas and keeping perspective

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: defending Miatas and keeping perspective
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 1995 10:39:35 +0500
Gerry writes:

>Moral of the story - don't knock the car - it's usually the driver's fault.
>
>Gerry
>
>PS - Stock Miata's handle a LOT better than stock rubber MGB's. I have
>driven both !!

At last, the voice of reason.  I own both a '91 Miata and a '63 B and let me
tell you that the Miata handles and stops better.  Same goes for the '72 and
'74 B's I've owned.  The Miata accelerates better too.  Its gear box is as
nice and notchy as the B's and its engine is more free reving.  Sorry, but
its true.

Does this mean I think less of my B?    Nope.
Which car would I rather drive?         The B.
Please don't ask why; we're dealing in irrationalities here.

Will "best of both worlds" Zehring