Re: SU Damper Fluid (corrected)

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU Damper Fluid (corrected)
From: "Eric L. Van Iderstine" <elv1@Ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 13:25:10 -0500 (CDT)
I'd like to thank Russ for pointing out that I WAS COMPLETELY BACKWARDS
as far as oil viscosity goes.....
In fact, 20w50 means oil acts like 20 weight at 0, and 50 weight at
100 deg C...

So, using the earlier 43 deg C (110 deg F) assumption, and linear
viscosity change, the viscosity of 20w50 would be 32.9 (instead of the 37
I figured from the backwards calculation.)

Sorry for any confusion, but I have been getting a good 3 to 3 1/2 hours of
sleep per night......sleep deprivation?  Naaaaaa....

Eric L. Van Iderstine - ME senior - Mississippi State University
Design Coordinator - MSU Formula SAE......Powered by Honda......
elv1@Ra.MsState.Edu     http://www2.msstate.edu/~elv1
74 MGB & 85 Buick (until I finish the MG)