Re: Net advice on car polish sought- Dri Wash 'N Guard - X-post

To: jello@main.cpcnet.com (Phil Bates)
Subject: Re: Net advice on car polish sought- Dri Wash 'N Guard - X-post
From: Mark Blaskovich <blaskovi@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 95 7:50:56 PDT
My friends and I call it "snake oil" but I have been using it now
for over 2 years and am still amazed how it works.  It took awhile
before I had the nerve to use it with a buffer on our '67 Corvette,
but now I'd use it on any car and not be worried about the use
of a buffer (much quicker than hand application).  It has limits
as to how well it removes oxidation, but works great as a wax and/or
cleaner.  I also can't believe how well it works on class, chrome
and mirrors (I do inside and outside of our windows, and it works
like rain-x to keep them clean).  You can also use in on clear
plastic (like convertible rear windows, motorcycle windshields,
helmet visors, etc) and it doesn't scratch and improves the
clarity and appearence.  I even use it on windows at our home
(esp at "dog nose" and "baby hand print" height"), appliances,
etc.

After initial application, your next few cleanings can be done by
a quick wipe with a damp towel, followed by a wipe with a dry
towel doing one section of the car (or windows or ???) at a
time.

My neighbor has a pretty filthy black Dodge truck and I've taken the
stuff and gone right over the dirty finish, and while the results
weren't showroom, considering I went right over a dirty oxidized
finish it came out pretty nice.  I have no idea why it doesn't scratch
the paint???

Any one who has seen any of our cars/motorcyles/boat knows I'm pretty
particular about there appearence (how many people do you know who keep
their Suburban under a car cover?) and our stuff almost always look nice
and I use it on everything (I don't use wax or polish anymore). I buy it
by the 1/2 gallon now.

Mark