Re: Why is SU fluid an issue?

To: mgs@autox.team.net (mgs)
Subject: Re: Why is SU fluid an issue?
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 13:51:23 -0500 (CDT)
Russ Wilson writes:
> BTW, Just as it is impossible to keep the radiator full (as discussed in a
> as full as the manuals recommend.  As long as the oil is over the top of
> the plunger when the engine is off, there is enough.  If the resevoir is
> filled per specs, some of the oil quickly finds its way to the top of the
> air filter cases, etc.  That's one oil leak that is easy to fix!

I was instructed, when I took possession of my 'B, that "if you can hear
a sucking sound when the plunger is removed, the oil level is fine".

When I try to fill them, they simply run over through the little
breather hole in the top, and my carbs get dirty...

--

Todd Mullins
todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil     On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

'74 MGB Tourer with 20W-50 in the HIF4s