Snake Oil.....

To: jkeller@PICA.ARMY.MIL, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Snake Oil.....
From: Jerome Keller <jkeller@cc-mail.pica.army.mil>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 11:48:52 -0400
     Mark B. wrote....<<<Dri Wash 'N Guard....My friends and I call it
     "snake oil"...>>>

     Can't deny anything Mark says since I've never used the product, but
     over the years there have been a LOT of wierd products with wierd
     claims, and in nearly every instance I can think of...if it sounded
     too good to be true, it was.

     If it's oxidized, give me a good rubbing and/or polishing compound
     plus a little elbow grease.
     If it's NOT oxidized...(and AFTER the compounding...) give me a real
     good carnauba wax anytime....I use "STERLING", but there's a number of
     them out there prolly equally good.

     I love progress and welcome new technology, but there's really no
     "free lunch"...