Re: concrete, MOWOG, and chains

To: mgs@autox.team.NET
Subject: Re: concrete, MOWOG, and chains
From: "A.D.Smith" <A.D.Smith@boris.umds.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 09:17:52 GMT
>>>while I'm on the subject, since the British invented the measurement
>>>system we use, how come all of _their_ measurements are bigger?

It's so that you americans can claim to have everything bigger than we do.

By using smaller measurements you can automatically say that you use more
gallons than we do, weigh more pounds, (which is probably true !) and so on.

Don't blame me, I've gone metric.

Andy

Andy Castellano Smith.          | email: a.d.smith@umds.ac.uk
Image Processing Group.         | http://www-ipg.umds.ac.uk/~as/
Cunliffe Labs, New Guy's House. | tel. : 0171 955 4208
Guy's Hospital, London SE1 9RT. | fax. : 0171 955 4913

1977 Chrome Bumper Midget "Mungo" for short.