Flux theory (was: concours de-alarms)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Flux theory (was: concours de-alarms)
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 08:09:24 +0500
>Any speculation as to why my (our) B(s) and no other car I've ever
>driven (loud or quiet) does this?

It is now time for Zehring's flux theory.

=:O

Old Whitesides sets off the occasional alarm as well but my theory is that
it isn't due to the loudness of its exhaust.  In fact, my B's exhaust can
best be described as understated elegance.  No, I believe it has to do with
a massive flux that surrounds the car while it is running.  As you all
remember from high school physics, while a strong magnetic field (a flux)
passes over a wire there is a current induced in that wire (aka the
principle of the electric generator).  I believe that there is a flux
emitted from my B that is sooooo intense (especially at the high rpms I
cavalierly visit while darting about on surface streets) that it induces a
current in the alarm systems of adjacent cars and causes them to squeak and
bark rather loudly.  I suspect that I can turn peoples car radios on and off
as well.  While I have no aural evidence to support this radio effect, I
frequently notice adjacent drivers shaking their fists at me and making
other odd gestures.  I can only surmise that I inturrupted their listening
to the traffic report on the local talk radio station, inducing a state of
anxiety and near-rage.  I believe this intense flux also affects the
occupants of the MG car (bear in mind tho that the occupants are stationary
with respect to the flux), in that it induces a state of extreme pleasure in
both the driver and passenger (if so equipped).  Truely, I believe in large
part that this flux effect explains the high degree of popularity these cars
have among their owners.

Any more questions?

Will "and he's good looking too" Zehring