Re: Coil position on MGBs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Coil position on MGBs
From: MGBay@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 1995 11:46:57 -0500

I've been working on a newly acquired '70 MGB/GT.  While undoing some of the
previous owner's bad wiring I was replacing the coil.  This reminded me of
something that has always bothered me.  Why is the coil mounted upside down
on the inner fender well?  I've always replaced it that way, but it would be
so much easier to identify the  + &  - terminals if it were positioned right
side up.  Is there any specific rationale for mounting it upside down?  I
know I've seen coils in general mounted in all kinds of positions so that
really shouldn't effect it's function.   Right?

Randy "just curious" Balogh