Re: Toolbox stuff..

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Toolbox stuff..
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 1995 09:48:07 +0500
At 04:40 PM 10/27/95 -0400, MALIK  HAMMED MAHMOUD wrote:
>I keep a couple of long shoelaces to replace broken throttle cables.
>They've come in handy twice.

The shoelaces from my Converse All-Star hi-tops, which are about twenty feet
long, made a dynamite manually-operated backup for when the linkage on a
Nissan 280ZX windshield wiper failed.  Tied one lace to each wiper blade and
run them inside the cockpit through the windows.  Driver tugged on one to
sweep one way, I tugged the other to return.  Saved my friend and me from
having to abort a holiday trip in a particularly nasty rainstorm.
--
Jay Tilton / jtilton@vt.edu  (vt = Virginia Tech  vt <> Vermont)
Home page: http://fbox.vt.edu:10021/J/jtilton/index.html