Re: HELP Honda Accord prevents MGB-GT from moving

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: HELP Honda Accord prevents MGB-GT from moving
From: jfischer@supercollider.com (James Fischer)
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 1995 20:20:52 -0500
>Any of you accord owners no why an Accord (That my father parked in
>front of my MG) will start up run for about 4 seconds and die not to
>restart again until it sits awhile? He left the keys for me so I could
>"move it" when I need the MG (Thank's dad!).

    Sounds like the cold start injector:
        1) Remove cold start injector from mainfold.
        2) Put a paper cup under the injector.
        3) Crank engine (engine should be dead cold!)
        4) Cup should have about 1/4 MINIMUM of fuel in it.

    If not, the injector is not injecting fuel, or it is not being
    told to inject fuel by the Honda's computer (which may be due
    to the recent Windows 95 upgrade of some Hondas by over-zelous
    wrench-monkeys.

    I would suggest that you:

        1) Push the Honda out of the way. (Quickest)
        2) Put up one of those "MG Parking Only, All Other Towed" Signs.
        3) Put the Honda in netural, try to push it with the MG (kidding!)
        4) Call AAA, let them tow your dad's car to where ever Honda's
            are repaired, let him pay to ransom his car back.
        5) Get a job, buy a place of your own, move out, have your own
            private driveway and perhaps even a garage!!!

The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics says "Natural processes increase entropy".
Translation  - "You think you're in trouble now?  Just you wait..."

   james fischer                       jfischer@supercollider.com