Re: Charter membership in SPAM

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Charter membership in SPAM
From: laner@teleport.com (Lane Rollins)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 14:32:23 -0800
>Michael Chaffee said:
>> I will join SPAM, and have repeated the oath in the privacy of my own
>>home (so
>> nobody will mock me), but only because I fully expect that I will never be
>> forced to purchase any such <$200 MG 1100.
>
>You're in deep doggie doodoo now.  That was a legally and morally binding
>oath you swore and I've purchased three MG 1100's for less than $200 each.
>In fact, I've never heard of anyone (other than me) spending more for one.

There was one for sale this summer for $6000 (YES 6 thousand dollars, Yes
US$). I know the car it's nice, but there isn't that kind of market for
them! If I could find one in this neck of the woods (Portland, OR) that
wasn't rusted out at a reasonable price I would probably buy it. What can I
say I like silly things.... Hell I drove a TF about 2500 miles in one trip
this summer.

Lane