Timing the Midget

To: Mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Timing the Midget
From: cciaffon@libertech.com
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 95 12:02:27 -0800
Thanks to all who gleefully responded to my questions about
the "missing" timing marks.  And NO, I don't think my timing light
wires will reach from the battery and distributor down to the
lower-front of the engine.  Of course, I'll try .. its the Cowboy Way.
Should that fail:

1. Can I static time a 72 Midget (like I used to w/my VWs)
2. How can I create a new set or marks on top?  Perhaps
   set the marks to match underneath, then paint a mark on
   the pulley and hosing above?
3. Any suggestions for either lengthening my current wires or
   buying some super special, Made for Midgets set, whose name
   you can all tell me easily??

Any suggestions will be appreciated.  For now, it's running great
and I ain't gonna fix nothin'.

chuck