Re: MG 1970s "Lighting Switch" - A Warning

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG 1970s "Lighting Switch" - A Warning
From: SBERCOVICH@cbe.ab.ca
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 08:16:38 -0700 (MST)
I've been running halogen headlamps on my Bs since 1967 with no
problems. On my '67, I had a set of Cibie Biodes (2-55W H-1 bulbs in
each headlight) running along with a Raydyot Spot lamp. IMS, the high
beams and the spot were run by relays. Nothing ever happened to the
wiring. This was one of the best lighting setups I've ever had. The
only thing better would have been two Raydyot spots.

Am now using Hella halogens (1 H-3 bulb per lamp) in my '74 GT and
experiencing no problems.

If you run the higher wattage bulbs, such as 80/100 or 55/100, you
may run into some problems.

While we're here, has anyone got a line on a Biode - I'm missing one.
Also, I need a lens for the Raydyot spot lamp, model DL 250 (or the
whole lamp).
--
Shel Bercovich      '74 B-GT             "Come Ride   \/
sbercovich@cbe.ab.ca                      with Us     /\