Wow! MGB Front suspension sub-assembly removal.

To: mgs@autox.team.net (MG's)
Subject: Wow! MGB Front suspension sub-assembly removal.
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 19:09:40 -0500 (EST)
  Well, now that I've got a definate place to take my swivel pins to be
rebushed, I set about removing the front suspension from the B tonight.
Fantastic!  It was a breeze, and within two hours I removed the wheels, let
the tension out of the road springs, and removed the entire front
crossmember and suspension sub-assembly from the car.  What a bit of
brilliance that assembly is, with four bolts you can entirely remove the
front suspension and steering from the car. So, I can now strip, paint, and
recondition the entire unit as a whole.  I give a pat on the back to the
designers.  And a scowl at those who designed the Spitfire front suspension,
I restored that on my Spit this summer, and it took me an hour just to get
the damn grease caps off the wheels.
  Now a question for you good folk who have made it through my ramblings so
far.  What should I do with the coil springs?  Is there a good way to test
these to see if they're still good or should I just throw them out and spend
the $60 to get new ones without even evaluating these?

                                        Jeremy DuBois
                                        Programmer/System Administrator
                                        Thermalogic Corporation
                                        '74 MGB, '76 Spit