Re: Did the list dry up?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Did the list dry up?
From: russ@scubed.com (Russ Wilson)
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 1995 09:46:01 -0800
>It's been over 24 hours now and no messages have been received. Did
>this list dry up? Surely all of you are not non-essential Govt.
>personnel and off on furlough!

It's undoubtedly the statistics of small numbers (there's less than 450
names on this list it appears only about 10-20% are talkative) and the fact
that postings are not independent events that make the mail volume
fluctuate so.  Not to worry; someone will touch a responsive chord and the
switchboard will light up again.  Engine oil in kitchenware might just do
it!

Have you noticed that it is the more frivolous issues (eg Miata tops) that
generate the most response.  The substantive questions get answered and go
away, but the punsters among us won't let go of a good thread.  I like it
all.

Russ

                 "Stop the drift - reunite Gondwana"