Re: MGs, Stoplights, Windshields

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: MGs, Stoplights, Windshields
From: "U. Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 1995 12:59:17 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 16 Nov 1995, Andrew Mace wrote:

> As I recall, they were little "cubes" that hung up near the top left
> corner of your windshield (inside of course) and refracted the image of the
> traffic light -- great if you had pulled up almost under the light by
> mistake (or if the windshield header blocked your vision -- probably
> because you're too close to the light ;-) )
Sounds cool.
You see, in Europe (I'm from Germany) the lights are mounted above or
behind the intersection.
Here, you pull up to the actual light (and then you can't see it), there,
you stop at a line, and the light is across the intersection from you, in
plain view. Very convenient.
Only problem: American tourists that want to pull up to the red light and
run through the busy intersection... :)
Ulix

                      sprite                 caddy