Re: MGC: What engine?

To: mgs@autox.team.net, simon@cougar.multiline.com.au
Subject: Re: MGC: What engine?
From: KEN@hcacad.holycross.edu
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 08:31:50 -0400 (EDT)
Simon--
        I own a 1977 MGB.  It does not have the original carb.  It has a
Weber.  Have I butchered it?  Is it still an MG?  Where is the line to be
drawn?  It also has a set of air horns, cloth seats, alloy wheels, non-original
radio, non-original window cranks, non-original mirrors and I could go on.
If these modifications offend, I wonder what the hand carved mahogany dash,
door rails, door pulls and center console would do.  In all the car shows I have
attended they have brought nothing but compliments.  Will I ever win a concours
event with it?  I do not expect to, nor do I care.
        It is my car and I do what I want to do with it.  The whole purpose
(at least for me) for owning this LBC is to enjoy it.  If I want to put in a
Rover V8 or a small block Chevy I will do so.  I am not a "block head", I am
a person who owns an MG and uses it as I wish.
        Your MGC is, from the tone of your message, original and you like it
that way.  This is good, for you.  Please realize though, that others have
different priorities in LBC ownership and respect their views.  If you wish to
differ, please do so in a civil manner.
Ken Scott