Signals

To: pbailey@qnet.com
Subject: Signals
From: bristol@coastnet.com (JIM WALTERS)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 95 22:00:04 PST
Pat: The power for the turn signal switch is fed through the hazard switch
on your B. You probably will have to remove the hazard switch, dismantle and
clean it and then re-assemble it with fresh di-electric grease, over half of
the non-functioning turn signals that come into my shop are caused by faulty
hazard switches. Just carefully bend the tabs in on either side of the
rocker of the switch to get it apart, watch carefully where the springs and
little plastic bits go. Usually they just need a good cleaning to get them
working again. The hazard switch will often make the four way flashers work
yet will not put power out to the turn signal switch. I'm assuming you know
there are two flasher units on your B, one for the turn signals and one for
the four ways, check them both if you didn't. If you suspect one is faulty
you can always unplug it and connect the two wires together, if your signals
come on solid when you move the signal switch into left or right position
you then know there are no wiring,bulb or ground problems and the bypassed
flasher unit is faulty. Jim.