RE: MGB Panhard rod @ brake drums

To: "british-cars@autox.team.net" <british-cars@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: MGB Panhard rod @ brake drums
From: Chip Bond <tr4racer@esinet.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 1995 11:31:06 -0500

On Nov. 21 Larry Colen wrote:
.
I am going to want to install a Panhard Rod on my '69 MGBGT.
Are there any good kits that anyone can reccomend?

Also, I have heard that a trick conversions for TR-6's is to=20
install 240-Z finned brake drums.  As both of these cars have the
same bolt pattern as an MGB, does anyone one know if brake=20
drums cross over as well?

I use the 240 drums on my tr4. I had to open up the center hole slightly =
(about 20 thou, used a Dremel!!) and also grind a tiny bit off the tabs =
of the brake shoes. Also check for interference between the drum and the =
backing plate. Overall the "Alfin" type drum is close but not exactly =
the required size. The bolt pattern, on the other hand, is the same.