Re: What highway?

To: <MGS@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What highway?
From: Sharon Zurflieh <zurf@emi.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 1995 10:27:24 -0500
Sorry about posting this reply to the entire list -- I tried a
personal message, but it bounced back as undeliverable.

>I'm buying a '69 MGB and driving back from Texas to California through
>New Mexico and Arizona. Should I take Highway 10 or Highway 40?

I would strongly recommend taking 10.  I drove to L.A. from Denton
a couple of years ago taking 40, and I was overrun by rude truckers
nearly the entire trip.  This was in a Ryder truck -- I can't imagine
how scary it would've been in my LBC.  I went back through Denton
on my way to Florida just over a year ago via 10, and it was a much
nicer drive.  Not quite as boring, either.  Just don't have anything
illegal, like aliens, in your car, because there's an immigration
roadblock somewhere in Arizona or New Mexico.

Have fun!

BTW, for the rest of you, the "my husband screwed up my car" saga has
continued with a rear brake cylinder, but it seems to be working well now
except for that one lug nut which is still wedged inside the air-powered
socket wrench thanks to my father-in-law .... : )

__
Sharon Zurflieh
zurf@emi.net
http://www.emi.net/~zurf/index.html