Re: temperature sending unit

To: mgs@autox.team.NET
Subject: Re: temperature sending unit
From: "A.D.Smith" <A.D.Smith@boris.umds.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 1995 10:21:26 GMT
GeorgeC70@aol.com  said :
>>> I'm in the process of taking the engine out of my '70 Midget and am having a
>>> problem removing the temp sensing bulb from the block.

Having removed the nut holding it into the waterpump case, there's nothing else
holding it in there, apart from rust / other garbage.  If you can't pull it out
without breaking the capilliary tube, then you should take off the thermostat
cover and remove the thermostat. You should then be able to see the end of the
little brass coloured bulb that senses the temperature.  It should be an easy
job to push it out from that side.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Andy Castellano Smith.          | email: a.d.smith@umds.ac.uk
Image Processing Group.         | http://www-ipg.umds.ac.uk/~as/
Cunliffe Labs, New Guy's House. | tel. : 0171 955 4208
Guy's Hospital, London SE1 9RT. | fax. : 0171 955 4913

       1977 Chrome Bumper Midget "Mungo" for short.
DPO of 1975 Rubber Bumper Midget "Mary"  for short.