Re: Spridget panel behind seats

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spridget panel behind seats
From: Matt Liggett <mliggett@seven.ucs.indiana.edu>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 1995 12:13:30 -0500
At Tue, 5 Dec 1995 09:40:22 -0800, Stan Fickes writes:
> The DPO of my Sprite had cut large round holes for what was once a pair of
> speakers in mine.  I bought some thin plywood, a piece of black vinyl and
> some 1/2" foam rubber.  I cut the wood to shape, covered it with the foam
> and vinyl (staple the vinyl in place) then blind riveted it into place from
> the inside of the boot.  It looks perfect and no screws intrude into the
> passenger side.  It was cheap too!

That sounds pretty decent.  My [admittedly more expensive] idea was to use a
nice thin piece of stained hardwood cut to fit and then mounted with
shined/buffed stainless steel hardware.  I think of it as a chance to practice
for the dash.

--
|                Matt Liggett <mliggett@indiana.edu>                 |
|              http://seven.ucs.indiana.edu/~mliggett/               |