Re: What engines for Sprite?

To: "Robert L. Abernathy" <rabernat@moink.NMSU.Edu>
Subject: Re: What engines for Sprite?
From: "U. Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 08:53:05 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 11 Dec 1995, Robert L. Abernathy wrote:
> but then another member offered him a 67 Midget parts car.
> He's still considering all his options. I have two questions:
>
> What engine/tranny transplants are a good fit in a 65 Sprite?
>
> How similiar are a 65 Sprite and a 67 Midget?

Sprite and Midget are identical except for small changes in trim.
'65 had a 1098cc engine, '67 had the same engine block bored to 1275cc.
The latter is supposed to be stronger and has more power. It is a common
upgrade to put the 1275 into earlier cars. It will bolt straight in, no
problems.
Definitely choose this option, no additional work involved and the car
will actually be worth something when it is to be sold.

Feel free to contact me with more questions,
Ulix "Forget the V6 crap" Goettsch
                      sprite                 caddy