Re: Andy's Antiroll Bar

To: mgs@autox.team.NET
Subject: Re: Andy's Antiroll Bar
From: "A.D.Smith" <A.D.Smith@boris.umds.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 13:41:29 GMT
>>>From: dodd@el.wpafb.af.mil (Mark A. Dodd, WL/ELOD, X55581/64158)
>>>Subject: Andy's Antiroll Bar

>>>I have this problem on one side of my C/GT.  The mounting section of the box
>>>rail is completely gone.  Is a missing antiroll bar a problem?

Well I'm glad to know that I'm not alone on this one.  I'm pretty sure the
car will fail the MOT in January on this "little difficulty".  The handling
seems OK at the moment. I'm not chucking it around that much now that I know
what the underside of the box section looks like, of course.  The steering
has a bit of play anyway at the moment, so it's hard to tell exactly.

I think I will get it welded back together, if only to stop water getting in
the box section and rusting it out.  It would be nice to get my steering sorted
too.  The only reason I discovered this problem was that I bought some new
antiroll bar bushes a while ago when I put new springs on the back, thinking
that I might as well replace the bushes on the front at the same time.

Oh well, I'll have to look for a friendly welder somewhere in London, could be
tricky.  Or maybe I should just learn to weld myself - an ideal opportunity ?

Andy

Andy Castellano Smith.          | email: a.d.smith@umds.ac.uk
Image Processing Group.         | http://www-ipg.umds.ac.uk/~as/
Cunliffe Labs, New Guy's House. | tel. : 0171 955 4208
Guy's Hospital, London SE1 9RT. | fax. : 0171 955 4913

       1977 Chrome Bumper Midget "Mungo" for short.
DPO of 1975 Rubber Bumper Midget "Mary"  for short.