Moses' sexy theory

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Moses' sexy theory
From: thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise Thorpe)
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 95 16:23:52 PST
Tim Moses replied:
> Denise:
>     Having led a former military life, I, too, like your version better
> because of the acronym, but wonder if SEX isn't the reason behind MOWOG.
> Just as "TVR" appears a little more SEXY than  "TW" (admittedly, just a very
> little more), I can only assume that someone thought "MOWOG" was a little
> more SEXY and appealing than "MWM".  Go Figure.

Ray Gibbons pointed out to me that TVR is actually from TreVoR wilkinson, but
the principle still applies.

Your theory is entirely possible.  We'll refer to it as "Moses' sexy
theory."  I can hear people running to their Bibles now.  I have a related
theory of my own; it's called the "law of picturesqueness" (it's a word
now).  If entropy were the big deal people think it is, the surface of the
Earth (considering its age) would be perfectly smooth and be the color and
consistency of chocolate cake batter.  The reason it's not is that it's so
much more picturesque to have the mountains sticking up and the oceans
sticking down.  Russ Wilson once asked why the clouds stay up in the air.
They're held up by the law of picturesqueness!  How picturesque would it be
if the clouds hung around the ground?  What would artists put in the skies
of watercolors?

So that would explain why it's MOWOG instead of MWG even if it does come
from Morris Wolesley Group -- because it's sexier, more picturesque, and a
heck of a lot easier to pronounce.

Denise "I can explain anything" Thorpe
thorpe@kegs.saic.com