Re: Replacing B fenders

To: thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise Thorpe)
Subject: Re: Replacing B fenders
From: David Hall <dhall@hp-vcd.vcd.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 95 8:38:18 PST

> Replacing a fender can definitely be done by someone who doesn't weld
> because I've done it and I don't weld.  When I got done, it looked great
> but it leaked.  I put body putty everywhere I could think of, but I must
> have missed somewhere because whenever my car gets wet, water runs down the
> interior panel in front of the passenger door.  It's on my list of things
> to fix.  Someday.

Hi!..

I've a 72 MGB/GT.  I too have a leak right in front of the doors.  I've
been trying to find and fix it for a while now.  As far as I can tell,
the fenders have never been off.  I think that it might be coming
from the windshield, or from the channel that the hood fits in to, or
from the seam between the fender and the piece right in front of the
windshield.  I really am trying to patch up all the leaks, so that I can
replace the interior.  Any ideas?

Dave Hall
dhall@vcd.hp.com