rebuilt lever shocks

To: Glenn Schnittke <glenns@edge.ercnet.com>
Subject: rebuilt lever shocks
From: "U. Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 1995 09:24:52 -0800 (PST)
On Wed, 20 Dec 1995, Glenn Schnittke wrote:
> As far as I know they are the only people in the US who rebuild hydraulic
> shocks and it's worthwhile going directly to the horses mouth. They also do
> SU carbs and a few other things. Deese guys bin bedy, bedy gud... to me.

When I rebuilt my suspension, I had known about Apple for a long time. I
inquired at my local british resto place about any experiences with Apple
and learned they were using rebuilt shocks from a fifferent outfit. There
were more expensive, but after my parts man called them, they were ready
to match Apples price and rebate for buying a set of 4 (15% ?).
Because they did not offer the option of changed valving to stiffen the
shock 30%, I went with Apple after all and was not disappointed. Ahhm,
what's my point? There are others out there but I haven't found a better
offer.
Oh, I painted the shocks with "rebuilders grey" (from my local parts
store, Pep Boys, etc.), a paint that is supposed
to give a rebuilt part that unpainted cast look. It's vely vely clos!
I hate seeing restored cars with the shocks painted black, when they are
supposed to be unpainted... (also good for master cylinders etc.)

Enough rambling, Ulix (I don't feel like working today)

                      sprite                 caddy