re:overdrive problems

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: re:overdrive problems
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 1995 20:34:35 -0700
I would like to thank everyone for their replies to my query on the OD
problem. I have only been on this list a few months and it has been great.
My LBC enthusiasm has been rekindled.

I still suspect the solenoid is bad. Sure I did all the obvious checks with
the switch, mechanical wear, and placement of the metal ball. But I did
forget to check the actual resistance of the coil. Here in the next few days
(after I get motivated enough to lie under the car again, its kind of oily
under there), I will check the solenoid's resistance as well as listen for
the click.

In some ways I hope that it is the solenoid. Because if it isn't, then I
will have to look at more troubleshooting. Maybe even pulling out the
transmission which I don't mind doing except for the fact that I couldn't
drive my car until I put it back in.

David Councill
dcouncil@imt.net
http://www.imt.net/~dcouncil/home.html