Re: More on MG seatbelt recall

To: "Philip S. Kadala" <philkad@wilmington.net>
Subject: Re: More on MG seatbelt recall
From: "U. Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 1995 08:58:52 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 21 Dec 1995, Philip S. Kadala wrote:
> just fine.  The only problem that I have found is that the latch end of the
> drivers side belt does not have a connection for the seat belt warning
> system as the original.  I have not attemptead to open the new latch to see
> if there is a connection for fear of damaging the new belts. I have to
> question a safety recall that makes another safety system inoperable.
>
> I have asked Rover if they have any information on the switch but no
> response so far.

I faintly remember reading about the seat belt buzzer legislation. A
while after it had been implemented, for reasons purged from my memory,
that legislature was reversed and it was specifically stated that it was
legal to cut the wires to that switch to stop that @#$%! buzzer from
wrecking peoples nerves!
So, it is not very likely that your new belts will have this feature.

Ulix "I buckle up whether it buzzes or not"
                      sprite                 caddy