Re: females on the list

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: females on the list
From: Glenn Schnittke <glenns@edge.ercnet.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 1995 15:06:00 -0600
>> And Denise Thorpe (aka our heroine) replied:
>> Well, the first one that comes to mind is the oldest one.
>> Actually, Started out in the oldest profession,
>> then became an MG mechanic?  Let's see,
>> would this be a step up, or a step down...
>
>Denise - I'm curious now. The oldest profession can't be what most on
>this
>list assumed since by definition there first had to be some other
>profession, be it gathering or hunting or whatever, before that
>profession
>could be practiced. I learned that lesson trying to date the origins of
>lawyers.
>
>Ernest E. Gilbert
>lawref@lawref.com
>MGs: http://www.lawref.com/eeg/britworks/

I think this thread is getting to the "chicken or the egg" stage. and *I*
know from all I've learned over the years, that somebody had to be there to
fertilize the egg. My bet's on the rooster...

Glenn "Me? Sexist?" Schnittke
Joyful Driving

Glenn Schnittke                    Recovering Musician
Nashville TN                       615-385-2800
glenns@edge.ercnet.com             72147.3635@compuserve.com