One other thing... More on easy MGs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: One other thing... More on easy MGs
From: WJAD81D@prodigy.com (MR JOHN P ELWOOD)
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 1995 23:43:42 EST
  You guys really are afraid of your cars, aren't you?  Say one bad
word and it'll fall apart.  Is this an excuse?  You keep on tinkering
with them, causing more problems, and then spend hours trying to
figure what you did to make your car upset?  Yes, MG is alive.  But
it doesn't work or not work becuase of what I say to a guy in a
parking lot!  You guys have MGs with poor self confidence.  You fill
them up with tools, and alternator belts, and ignition coils... all
sorts of crap.  That car must really be proud to be carrrying a spare
for every part on it.  You expect it to break down.  So your MG acts
in a loving way and does as you request... breaks down.  In England,
MGBs are restored with great frequency in people's gardens and minute
garages.  Only here do we make little polished homes for our favorite
beast.

      John