Re: Information on 63 B

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Information on 63 B
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 1995 15:39:20 -0700
At 11:30 AM 12/29/95 -0700, David Owen wrote:
>Wow what a list.  I've really enjoyed all the conversations.  I'm seeking
>information on my 63(anyway that's what I've always called it)B.  Being
>from the state of Nebraska I will admit that I'm a Husker fan and yes the
>car is red.  This information is being brought to you from an Apple IIe
>that is probablly from the same year.  Here is the VIN and any
>information that I can get would be great.  Thanks in advance.
>
>VIN  GHN3L4402
>
>David Owen
>Ogallala Middle School
>Ogallala Nebraska USA
>dowen@esu16.esu16.k12.ne.us

Before the Apple IIe, I also lived in Nebraska (at least during my college
years). I bought my first MG, a beautiful white 1965 with huge rust holes,
in order to commute to the university.

And when its engine was near death (oil pressure 40 psi tops, very loud
engine), I had it rebuilt and repainted red in tribute to the Big Red gods.
Although my obeisance to Nebraska's powerful god kept my car running like a
charm, the football team had one of their worst years. The new coach, Tom
Osborne had actually lost four games (7-4) and many of the natives wanted
him fired.

The car finally died four years later - first and reverse gear failed and
then someone stole the carbs (this was in Denver). And it was twenty years
before the Cornhuskers would finally reachieve the true godhood, the
National Championship.

David Councill
dcouncil@imt.net
http://www.imt.net/~dcouncil/home.html