New MGs in the U.S.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: New MGs in the U.S.
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 1996 08:12:23 -0500
Fellow fiends:

Happy new year to everyone!

I was minding my own business last Friday visiting our metropolis' local
car-guy-stuff store (books, videos, models) when I spied two new Corgi
models for MGs (new to me, anyway).  They offer a '63 (white with red or
green with black), both with disk wheels.  The white with red is almost
identical to Old Whitesides, save the lhd on the toy.  They also have an
MGF, perhaps in green w/black only.  I don't know the scale but the models
are about 6 or 7 inches long, 3 inches wide...  They look very nice, with a
good measure of detail for the size and price ($50 US... ouch!).  Doors,
hood and trunk open.  I do seem to recall that one radiator hose was chrome
plated.  Probably some show car...

Just in case you didn't get what you wanted for xmas...

Cheers,
Will Zehring

p.s.  am suffering serious MG withdrawls.  didn't care for them telling me
it was 80F in Pasadena yesterday.  snow in forecast here.  went out to the
garage and cried on my '63.  salt caused rust.  suck...